View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The "Off" Season. 
8 Pointer

Post The "Off" Season.
With this nice weather coming on it will be time to prepare plots soon enough. Im looking forward to planting some clover at the horse farm this year and maybe something else. I also plan to plant the field on my property upstate if I can ever get someone to bring a tractor over. I have been out trimming apples trees and cutting down trees blocking sunlight to them. My neighbor Colin and I cleared a big area on my property that I hope to plant some No-Plow all through the stumps. Pat and I also trimmed a huge apple tree behind his house and fertilized it....... looks like a great spot for alot of trail camera pictures. Looking forward to the upcoming season already. Anyone else planning to plant for this season?

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:47 am
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Post Re: The "Off" Season.
I would love to plan and had a lot of fun the years we did, but we don't have anywhere to plant other than our farm. We never had luck hunting our plots, but with the new antler restrictions, perhaps now is a good time to start plots again, help the little ones grow!

Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:41 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

Post Re: The "Off" Season.
Sounds like you have been busy up there Charlie. im not really sure if we are going to do plots this year or not. We have been doing them for the past 3 years but havent had much success at all with them bringing in any great bucks. We know b/c we have been monitorng them with trailcams and have noticed mostly does using them. I honestly think there were more big bucks in the areas that we planted before we opened it up and cleared out the brush and trees. Hopefully now with antler restrictions the bucks in our area will have a chance to survive and it will start to improve over the next few years. The farm we hunt is great for deer hunting but the deer never had a chance to grow big with all the pressure.

John

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]