View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Bow season is finally over!!!!! 
8 Pointer

Post Bow season is finally over!!!!!
Well after a long week of hunting im both happy and sad to see the bow season come to and end. It was a tough year for me hunting just about every free day i had from oct 1st until yesterday december 31st.vafyer taking a doe on opening day I passed on a lot of decent 6's and some 4's and spikes as well. I also saw some real great bucks on long island but just couldnt get the job done. I had a great time hunting with all my friends and family this year and i espically want to thank cbeck for leting me stay and hunt at his family's farm. i hope to keep in touch with everyone throughout the off season and look forward to hunting with you all agian next year!!! Have a happy and healthy new year!!!

John

Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 pm
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Post Re: Bow season is finally over!!!!!
Happy New Year John. The best of hunting for 2012.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:55 pm
6 Pointer

I'm also happy and sad to see the end of the 2011 season. With my closest friends and family we shared our very best season ever. Averaging 2 deer each for our 8 hunter camp. We took 12 deer from Suffolk County and 6 deer from upstate. We had numerous first time events this season as well. I took my first drop tine buck, Justin took his first buck, a nice five pointer. Ian took his first deer with a button buck and followed up with a beauty of a six pointer to end his season. And lastly, Patrick took his biggest deer in his last 3 years of hunting. Showing a lot of patience in holding off on smaller bucks to finally score the deer he wanted on the last day of the season. A slamming 7 pointer with a 18 inch spread.

As for me. Well, I am exhausted. I cringed a this morning on needing to find another deer and gutting it. My hands are sore from dragging and shooting. My knees are aching, the left worse off then the right. I fall asleep each night aching after a weekend of hunting. So to say the least I am looking forward to a break from early mornings and late nights. I am looking forward to letting my old, out of shape joints heal a bit and my muscles to relax. I am looking forward to shooting for pleasure again and not caring if my shot isn't true with pin point accuracy. I like to shoot for fun but for three months a year, it isn't for fun, it is for a clean kill and a quick recovery.

Some friends say I am complaining about a banner year, I'm not. I am very fortunate to hunt as much and as hard as I do. I am fortunate to have family that wants to hunt with me all the free time they have. But after spending the last three months hunting every weekend and many weekdays before opening the gun store and range, it takes it's toll. I am blessed on the house and property I have and the ability to walk out and hunt. But it also gets me in the woods hunting over 65 days a season. Not including scouting and just day dreaming in the off season. But it still takes it's toll....

I know how John feels. We love hunting. No, we live hunting. But it takes it's toll hunting hard. I was fortunate to have a deer down just about every week of the season. It makes it that much better. But it also takes it's toll. Tracking, dragging, lifting, hanging, gutting, cutting, and the likes! It is hard work. But it is what we love and live for. So we take our aches and our bad seasons and we come back year in and year out. Because we are hunters, because I am a bowhunter.

I look forward to the New Year and wish all my friends here at Rubino Films a Happy Healthy and Blessed New Year. God Bless us all and God Bless America and her troops for giving us the freedom to hunt and keep arms. See you all next year :)

Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:27 pm
6 Pointer

I hear you guys, sometimes I feel that way until I get a few days of rest then I wish the season was still open. But there are plenty other outdoor activites to do, I for one look forward snowshoeing real soon, finding some sheds and do some small game hunting. A Happy and healthy new year to all.

Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:53 am
12 Pointer

I'm sad to see it go. Hughie well said

Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:47 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

I feel the winter depression coming on already. Im gonna have to get out and do some walking really soon. Maybe I will find a shed or two.

Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]