View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Week in Review 
12 Pointer

Post Week in Review
Well it was a long week of hunting and it definitely had its ups and downs. We started out in Green County on Saturday and didn’t see much. On Sunday we went to hunt Chenango County to our friends house with no electric in the middle of the woods. It’s a great place to just get away and just hunt. On Sunday and Monday we saw a few different small spikes and four pointers chasing does hard. Monday afternoon we did some scouting mid day and found a great place for my climber with a bunch of fresh scrapes. I hunted it Monday night and didn’t see much. I left the stand there over night and went back to it Tuesday morning. I didn’t see much action, then at about 8:50 I had a five pointer come down the exact trail I was hoping he would because I was self filming and I already had the camera positioned for him to come that way. When I first saw him I wasn’t sure if I should shoot or not then he came in to about 10 yards to check one of the scrapes in front of the stand and I had the camera on him perfect and the new BowTech Invasion in my had and I though to my self, hey it’s the last week of bow for me upstate, why not. I put the pin on him and watched my arrow disappear right through his lungs on a nice quartering away shot. I got it all on tape perfectly which I’m really excited about since it was the first time I self filmed myself taking a deer. I called the rest of the guys and we tracked him about 70 yards with good blood and he was piled up on the edge of a swampy patch of woods. After that weather got warm until Friday and we didn’t see much. I went out to film John the rest of the week and we saw a few does but no bucks. The weekend got a little colder and John saw a nice eight on Sunday, but he was out of range. Now it’s back to reality and work until next weekend which is the opening day of gun.

Attachments:
IMG_1165.jpg
IMG_1165.jpg [ 438.18 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
IMG_1164.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg [ 432.85 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]
IMG_1184.jpg
IMG_1184.jpg [ 319.61 KiB | Viewed 1468 times ]

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

Post Re: Week in Review
Nice buck bro congrats again. It was a great week upstate even though the weather didnt cooperate and we still saw plent of deer. We saw a lot of small bucks and does but the big boys were just not moving due to the heat. Shared a lot of laughs and cant wait to get back up there on Friday night. Im off for the week again next week and will be hunting from Sat until Thurs. Then coming home for Thanksgiving dinner and going back up friday if i havent filled my gun tag. Good luck to everybody that will be out this week and for the gun opener.

John

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:54 am
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Post Re: Week in Review
Nice job Mike, Congrats!
I look forward to getting up there friday , maybe sit out for the last afternoon of bow and then get that rifle out for Sat and Sun. Should be a great weekend.
Maybe we'll run into eachother up there. Good Luck to everyone!

Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:44 pm
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]