View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Christmas Eve hunt 
8 Pointer

Post Christmas Eve hunt
Mike and I are going out tomorrow morning to try and shoot a christmas eve buck. We will be splitting up for this hunt and filming on our own. Supposed to be cold and windy tomorrow but i hope that the wind will help us sneak in to our spots without spooking too many deer out. We will keep you guys posted.

John

Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:28 am
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Post Re: Christmas Eve hunt
I was thinking of going out to Sarnoff tomorrow also, My only doubt is whether I'll be able to stay up till midnight and wait for Santa.
Good Luck!

Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm
8 Pointer

Did you ever make it out on Friday Caz???? We went out to hughies but we didnt see anything. I really wanted to get out tomorrow but probably wont make it with all this snow. Im off all week so once rhe roads are clear ill be back out there and hopfully wiil be able to take a nice buck out there before the season ends. Good luck to everybody still hunting!!!!

John

Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Spike

how much snow do you have down on Long Island? up here in albany county we have about an inch on the ground and its coming down hard

Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:27 pm
8 Pointer

Down here we have about 6" so far but we are supposed to get about 11 to 20 by the time its all done.

Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 pm
6 Pointer

You hunting this week John?

Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 pm
8 Pointer

Oh yea probably not tomorrow, but once the roads are clear ill be out there back at it. This snow is killing me right now. I wanted to get out tomorrow but it doesnt look like thats going to happen anymore. At least ill be able to try and track them in the snow and see where they are spendin most of their time.

John

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:31 am
6 Pointer

Hey John,
The snow is got me all exited to get out there and track em down especially since there is only a few days left. I'll be out there some time this week, just don't know how the roads are gonna be getting out there. They gave me a ford focus while my truck is being fixed and had enough problems getting out of the driveway this am. I hope to go wednesday.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:40 pm
6 Pointer

been from here to Holbrook, Patchogue and Mastic Beach today. Some roads were good, most were horrible. If you don;t have 4x4 i would not venture out.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:42 pm
8 Pointer

Went out this morning. Roads werent to bad but as i was pulling into my hunting spot i saw that the plows only plowed half of the road and then left a 5 ft pile blocking off the way into my spot. I really wanted to get into the woods so i got out and sholved a path to get my car through lol. I was able to get around the pile and as i was pulling up to my spot there was a big 8 pt standing on the side of the road. Was the only deer i saw all morning but i found a spot loaded with tracks and ill be back in there tommorow for an all day hunt. I was planning on staying all day today but i didnt sleep well last night and i felt like crap this morning. Snow was real deep in some spots but not bad in others. Now that i know where i want to setup tomorrow shouldnt be too bad. Good luck caz if you get out tomorrow.

John

Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next