View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
8pt Down 
8 Pointer

Post 8pt Down
Well it all finally came together yesterday morning for me after 4 long days of hunting on my vacation. The first 3 days we spent up in chenengo county where we saw some great action the first morning and i was drawn back on a big 7 pointer but he just wouldnt take the last two steps to come out of the bursh and give me a shot. The weather got warm after that and we didnt really see much for the rest of the weekend up there. We headed back to greene county on monday afternoon and got right in the stands. I had a decent 7 point come by the stand chasing does but he wouldnt give me a shot either and then they ran off. Then came Tuesday morning. It was on the warm side but i was in my favorite stand at my uncles farm where i always see action. First light i had a coyoted come in but he stayed about 50 yards out and i couldnt get a shot. I then started using the primos can call and i called in a spike right under my stand. He stayed for about 15 minutes and then ran off. I then called my brother joe to see what he was seeing and he said that he didnt see much. RIght after i hung up with him i had another buck coming down the hill towards my stand. I could see it was bigger than the first one that came in so i picked up my bow and got ready. He came in quick and i tried to stop him with a quick grunt which stopped him for about a 1/4 of a second about 20 yards out. As soon as i took the shot he started to walk again and i hit him high and broke his back. He dropped right there and i knocked another arrow and took shot 2. He was now down behind some trees so i took the shot and the second arrow hit a branch and went right into his gut. I coudltn believe it. i quickky knocked a 3rd arrow and basically had to climb around the tree to get another clear shot which went right into the lungs. After about 30 seconds it was all over and he was lying under my stand. The worst part was that it was raining in the morning so we didnt take the big camera out and i didnt get the kill on film :(. I will be filming mike for the rest of the week until gun on monday so hopefully we can get a nice buck on film before the week is up. We will keep you guys posted.

Attachment:
DSC03864.JPG
DSC03864.JPG [ 2.67 MiB | Viewed 1681 times ]

Attachment:
DSCN0137.JPG
DSCN0137.JPG [ 2.09 MiB | Viewed 1681 times ]

Attachment:
DSCN0147.JPG
DSCN0147.JPG [ 2.26 MiB | Viewed 1681 times ]

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:08 am
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

Post Re: 8pt Down
Congrats bro, another nice buck from your honey hole as usual.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:27 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
6 Pointer

Congrats John, Glad to see it all came together for you. VERY nice Buck. Good luck the rest of the week.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:58 pm
8 Pointer

Congrats John!! Looks really nice! Looks even better here than in cell pic.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm
Congrats John ..good luck with the rest of the season

Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:11 pm
6 Pointer

Great job John, great deer and great pics. Congrats and good luck with the rest of the upstate bow.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:16 pm
8 Pointer

Thanks guys. Hopefully now i can take down one of those monster long island bucks in december :).

John

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:30 am
12 Pointer

Me Toooooo...

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:06 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
6 Pointer

Me three. I loved my long range shooting but I am a bowhunter by passion. I am also looking to break my record of 4 deer in a season. I am tied right now with a month to go. That is if I can keep getting out of bed and hunting. Tomorrow I am winging it, if I wake I hunt if not I sleep in and hunt the night sit. No more does either. So breaking the record will have to be with a buck. John & Mike we need to set up a date to get AF here for a video hunt. Let us know whats available and I will check my calender as well. Florida is right around the corner and I am going to try and squeeze a lot into 6 weeks. I better get to bed, hunting days are running low. :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]