View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Muzzleloaders 
6 Pointer

Post Muzzleloaders
Anyone hunt with a muzzleloader? I was actually thinking of putting one on my xmas list. Never considered it before but it's seems like a great way to extend the firearms season a bit and the whole technique is interesting. What is the range on these? Pros? Cons? I've seen a few youtube videos and the process seems simple. Perhaps I'll try it for next year, I've seen that they range from 100 -600 bucks. For an extra week of hunting or more like a weekend I would consider buying an inexpensive one. The truth is it gets harder to go upstate during the holiday season, we'll see.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:00 pm
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

Post Re: Muzzleloaders
I got one a few years ago and have hunted with it a few times. I shot a doe at about 40 yards last year with it. It’s not as hard as people think to use them, the most important ting is to make sure you thoroughly clean it after you shoot it. But like you said it’s a great way to extend the upstate season. You can also use it on LI for the January shotgun season. My buddy Dennis from the forum shot is deer this year with his.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:21 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]