View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Last two weekends!! 
12 Pointer

Post Re: Last two weekends!!
That is pure dedication right there…. Happy to hear that you didn’t get hurt, I have experienced the icy conditions on the Taconic first hand. We hunted in the freezing cold Friday and then the rain on Sunday with the same results. It has been a long season with still nothing on the ground for me either. Starting to get tired of waking up early but I can’t stop yet. Looking forward to our trip to Hughie’s this weekend and then duck hunting after that. It is a little frustrating but seasons like this really make you appreciate when things finally do go right. Good luck if you get back out caz.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:28 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

Sorry to hear about the truck but like mike said at least you werent hurt. That Taconic is a real dangerous road to be on during any kind of rain or snow storm. Were you hunting by Caniff this past weekend? Reports that we have been getting from around that area is that after the second week of Nov the deer sightings went way down and nobody was seeing much or hearing any shots around the area. I never do well during rifle season up there and i cant wait to get back out on the island next weekend with the bow again!!!!! Good luck if you get back out with the bow!!!

John

Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:06 pm
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Thank God no one was hurt or worse. Bent tin metal can be fixed and a wrecked truck can be replaced. To continue your hunting journey is a pure sign of dedication though. As for the hunt here this weekend, I am looking forward to seeing my friends Mike and John and meeting the Air Force Cadet. I hope they have an enjoyable hunt and I wish i could report a lot of deer sightings but I can't. At least not in the back behind the house or in the woods when i take a ride or a walk doing my stand checks. It has been cold and I think they are yarding up. Good news is the stand the Rubino's film from is where they yarded up last year for the heavy acorn drop and it lloks like it shold be the same this year. With a little luck we'll egt something on the ground, but don't expect me to hunt. I got a freezer full of meat and don't like the bitter cold days as much as I used to.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:17 am
Profile Send private message
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2