View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Last two weekends!! 
8 Pointer

Post Last two weekends!!
Anybody going to be hunting the last two weekends of gun season???? We will be taking this weekend off and then going back up for 3 days next weekend. Usually by the last weekend you dont see many hunters around and the deer ar starting to get back to old routines. I really hope to score on a nice buck but if not i will be back out on the island the weekend after and then out there for almost a week and a 1/2 during christmas/ new years week. I usually see some good bucks out there during that week so im real excited to get back out there with the bow. After that then its shed hunting time until spring turkey in May lol. Does it ever end????????????????????????? Good luck to anybody that is still hunting. I hope to see some more pics before the season ends..

John

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:02 am
Profile Send private message
Spike

Post Re: Last two weekends!!
Been seeing deer in the evenings out in fields with young ones but no rutting activity. That seems to be all being done at nite, most of the mature does have been breed Its the young ones turn now. And Had two does and two button bucks ten feet from me while i was coyote hunting at fox hill. In the mornings the deer been moving later due the moon and the frigid cold mornings at least till past sun up. Not Many shots either in the valley but also not many hunters just the norm.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile Send private message YIM WWW
12 Pointer

Heading back up with John Thursday night to hopefully fill on of my tags. Now I just need this week to fly by so I can get to back in the woods already.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:51 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
12 Pointer

Leaving tomorrow, no one has hunted the property for a while so it should be good. Hopefully the snow won’t be crunchy and we will be able to stalk up on some deer.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:33 pm
8 Pointer

It can happen at anytime!!! Lefty got shot today!!! and one of the guys in my club shot a seven pointer today. Good luck!

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:23 pm
8 Pointer

That sucks that someone shot lefty. I would have liked to see what he looked like next year. We are going up tonight and its going to be a brutul weekend. 12 inches of snow and freezing temps dont make for an enjoyable hunt. Add to that i just got sick yesterday so i might be hunting from my bed all weekend lol. Either way its the last weekend and you never know what can happen. We will keep you guys posted.

John

Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:59 am
12 Pointer

That sux about lefty but at least you got that 10... :D

Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:43 pm
8 Pointer

Actually Im really happy for the lady that got it..... shes crippled and her husband set her up in the back yard looking over a little plot he planted. Thats awesome.

Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm
12 Pointer

That really is awesome. Great that she can still enjoy the sport and be able to take a nice deer. We haven't had any luck up our way yet. We saw some deer but no shots and one was a spike so John passed. Hoping for some better luck tomorrow.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:49 pm
6 Pointer

Well I knew it was gonna rain when they said 100%. But those of you in greene county know it was quite a down pour all day Sunday. Nevertheless I decide to head up and try fill my tag on the final attempt. My luck started on the way up Sunday AM. It was pouring freezing rain and the Taconic, from Poughkeepsie up was covered in a layed of black ice. I found out when I lost control of my Avalanche and plowed into the guard rail. When it stopped my first instinct was to get off the road. I looked around and since there was nobody else on the road or behind me, I turned the key, it started and I pulled off to a safe area because the next guy would probably get the same surprise. The first thing that came to mind was, "There goes my day!" But, I was happy that it started and drove considering the entire front end is totaled and my head lights where aiming up at the trees but i had one thing in mind and that was to make it to my stand before sunrise. So I proceeded on my way @ 10 mph with 2 wheels on the grass all the way to Cairo and made it to the tree stand by 7am only to sit for 2 hours in the pouring rain. I still hunted hard the rest of the day with the feeling that everything happens for a reason and something good was gonna come of this, I walked and walked and walked some more but it didn't happen....I refused to give up because I hunted real hard this year on long island and Upstate every week, sometimes 2-3 times per week but at this point it's safe to say this was not my season, even though there are 2 weeks left on LI and I may go out again but today I feel like I've had enough, never though I'd say it. Looking forward to some rabbit hunting now.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next