View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Turkey Season 2012 
8 Pointer

Post Re: Turkey Season 2012
Mike I hope those corporate bastards are paying you well. It's a meat grinder. Hope you get out to chase some turkeys.

Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:13 pm
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

Most of our deadlines are almost done so I'm hoping that come May it will be better.

Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:26 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
Doe

Hello Boys and Girls...Just did an hour of sighting in yesterday with C. Beck (pro staff) and P. Goetz (pro staff) we sent a nasty fist full of bee's down range and the birds (if they show up in the rain) are in big trouble!!!!
Charlie is confident to about 35yrds
I am about the same as he.
Pat however is shooting a monster of a rig and is putting 20 pellets in the head and neck out to 47yrds!!! Just awesome!
Good Luck to you all...stay dry!
Duff

Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:18 pm
12 Pointer

Good Luck tomorrow guys, wish I could be there with you...

Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:28 pm
8 Pointer

Turkey hunting is so addictive........ those little pea brained birds can get me so mad I swear that I hate turkey hunting, when I dont absolutely love it. Tuesday was one of those days....... going in with expectations that were so high and then rain making the morning a wet flop. No sounds were heard from any birds nearby. I was soaked through my rain gear and then went to a blind I had set up in case it decided to rain. There standing 30 yards from my blind is a flock of turkeys with a few birds puffed out and strutting. DAMN!! I sat and waited for them to feed off then got int blind and sat for a few hours untilthe rain stopped. I went to my truck to eat a sandwhich then decided to take a walk and see if I could look for turkey sign. I didnt walk 200 yard when I heard a gobble....... I went after him but he clammed up when I yelped toward him. I dont know if he saw me or not but I sat for about 20 minutes then started walking again. I walked until I was at the last field on my clubs property. Turning around and walking along an old logging road I hear a faint gobble, it was now 11:00. I decided to try him. I walked in quietly then set up. I scratched the ground, clucked a few times and added an occasional purr. I thought I heard leaves rustling then faint spitting and drumming. Sure enough!! I see the white head and fanned out tail moving slowly through the understory. I knew it ws getting close to noon and the first chance I got........ KABOOM!! I let him have a face full of copper coated fours. It was 11:38. Talk about a last minute longbeard. He was a nice Tom with a 9" beard and 1" spurs.
Attachment:
Turkey 2012.JPG
Turkey 2012.JPG [ 3.57 MiB | Viewed 1462 times ]

Wed May 02, 2012 7:14 pm
6 Pointer

Very Nice bird Charlie! good luck to everyone out there.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:12 pm
12 Pointer

Nice bird and awesome story i have shot bird is the last hr too and it's a great feeling. Can't wait to get after them this Saturday.

Wed May 02, 2012 8:50 pm
6 Pointer

Congratulations Charlie on a nice Bird!

Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 pm
6 Pointer

I was able to take this nice bird yesterday morning. I had a friend of mine with me doing the calling and filming for me. He is one of the best callers I have ever heard! It turned out to be my best Turkey hunt ever! After I had mine on the ground, we switched places and I filmed for him. Unfornetly I did not get his shot on camera but I did get some footage of his bird coming in. He shot as I was moving the camera into position. We were able to double up! Check back again on Rubino Films Outdoors for an exciting action packed Turkey hunt!

Attachments:
turkey season 2012 088.JPG
turkey season 2012 088.JPG [ 4.7 MiB | Viewed 1458 times ]
turkey season 2012 075.JPG
turkey season 2012 075.JPG [ 4.34 MiB | Viewed 1458 times ]
Thu May 03, 2012 2:55 pm
Spike

rebbie wrote:
I was able to take this nice bird yesterday morning. I had a friend of mine with me doing the calling and filming for me. He is one of the best callers I have ever heard! It turned out to be my best Turkey hunt ever! After I had mine on the ground, we switched places and I filmed for him. Unfornetly I did not get his shot on camera but I did get some footage of his bird coming in. He shot as I was moving the camera into position. We were able to double up! Check back again on Rubino Films Outdoors for an exciting action packed Turkey hunt!

PAT THE PLEASURE WAS ALL MINE I HOPE WE CAN GET SOME MORE VIDEO TOGETHER. ALSO WOULD BE HAPPY TO CALL FOR OTHER MEMBERS. REMEMBER "CD CALLS" ROCK THE TURKEY WOODS!

Fri May 04, 2012 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next