View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
2011 Turkey Season 
8 Pointer

Post Re: 2011 Turkey Season
Good luck this weekend to whoever is going out. Im not gonig to be able to hunt this weekend or next weekend so it looks like i have the last weekend to try and take down a big long beard. Weather isnt supposed to be great again this weekend with cool rainy weather coming in tomorrow. I hope to see some pics of some nice birds down this weekend.

John

Thu May 12, 2011 10:47 am
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

I will patrol the woods for you bro. If it rains I plan on getting in early and setting up a blind in a field that the turkeys like to hang in. Rain might actually help make the birds more visible.

Thu May 12, 2011 10:51 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
12 Pointer

Heading out solo tomorrow going to try to self film. Hopefully the birds cooperate.

Fri May 13, 2011 8:34 pm
12 Pointer

No luck again this weekend. I had some birds gobbling Saturday but they didn’t want to come in and give me a shot. Sunday I set up in the back of a field where Dennis has been seeing a few jakes and a tom every day on his way to work. I sat from 5am to 8am then gave up and took a walk to see if I could locate any. Once that produced nothing I got in my car to look in some of the fields. When I drove by the field where I was setup at first light, wouldn’t it be just my luck that two jakes and a long beard were out there heading towards the wood line where I was set up about an hr earlier. I drove to one of the back roads left all my stuff in the car except for my mouth call and my gun and ran full speed to get back to the wood line where I thought I could sneak up and get a shot. When I say full speed I mean it. It was mostly up a steep hill too. When I got there I was so winded that I thought I was going to pass out. So I set up in the back and waited. I couldn’t see them because the grass was high so I waited and waited and they never showed. I don’t know where they went but they got the best of me that day. I forgot to mention that this was all during a down pour. I’m heading to Puerto Rico on Wednesday for 5 days, so the next time I will get out is Memorial Day. John is going back up Wednesday night and hunting Thursday and Friday, hopefully he has better luck then I did.

Mon May 16, 2011 12:52 pm
8 Pointer

Im going up tonight to try and get another shot at a longbeard. Conditions dont look like they will be too good but im going to try anyway. Sounds like it has been a slow season for most with a lot of birds not responding to calls and most of the toms being hened up all season. Good luck to anybody going out this weekend!!! Ill be up there until Friday but i have to work Saturday so i wont be able to hunt the weekend just tomorrow and Friday morning.

John

Wed May 18, 2011 10:46 am
Spike

Got my big boy spotted again ill be hitting the location in the am to whack em. . . he'll prob go to my truck again and strut!!! :lol:

Wed May 18, 2011 2:02 pm
Profile Send private message YIM WWW
12 Pointer

Heading back up to give it one last try this weekend good luck to anyone hunting.

Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 am
8 Pointer

Coming down to the end! Pat and I will be chasing them with the shotgun this morning and if that doesnt work well pop up a blind and try and stick one with the bow. Win or lose it will be fun!

Sun May 29, 2011 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4