View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Halloween weekend 
8 Pointer

Post Re: Halloween weekend
I went out yesterday afternoon on my property and saw three small bucks. One had his nose to the ground and was trailing pretty quickly. He hound dogged his way up and down deer trails. Then he would stop and scan the woods. It was good to see. Just wish one of the big ones would show himself!!!

Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:41 am
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Was this upstate?

Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 am
8 Pointer

Hughie- Yes it was up in Orange county. A few good ones were taken up here in the past few days but most guys I know havent really seen alot.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:18 pm
12 Pointer

Well I put my time in this weekend and I’m now a free man. Hunting every minuet I get from now till the end of the season. Can’t wait to get out in the woods this weekend, I going through withdrawal.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:37 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

Even though i got to hunt this weekend it was pretty slow. I saw a small buck chasing a doe on saturday morning and then had a button buck come by the stand. Didnt see much saturday night all the deer were in my spot when i got there and i spooked them out so that didnt go well. Sunday i was ratlling and grunting before light and had a deer coming my way but then he got spooked and ran off the other way. im reading more and more reports that the big boys are starting to chase so i took friday off i need to be in the woods as much as possible right now :).

John

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm
6 Pointer

I went out Saturday and this morning on Hot Water St in Otis Pike. I found a nice place with a big field and seems like a nice place to take a deer since I've been seeing some action. Saturday I passed a do hunder my stand. Today I glassed the field and saw a small 4 ptr and doe about 300 yds away. Tried to call them in with no response. Then I see a small game hunter enter the field opposite of me and thouht, that's great, he's gonna spook them towards me. Instead he passed about 100 ft from where they were bedding then he cut across the field in their direction, I could see the buck getting up and picking up on the hunter.
Well, the hunter gets about 50 ft from the buck, the buck moves close to him and I'm watching in disbelief. I thought perhaps he was holding out some food, but no, he was taking a picture, and the buck actually moves closer towards him. They stand their admiring eachother for 5 mins then Bucky takes off into the woods. They both leave, so I make my move to head in and wait for Bucky to come back, but he never shows. It was alot of action for 4 hours and over all it made my day.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:56 pm
12 Pointer

John and I hunt that spot some times we found some scrapes there this year. You are having a weird season lol. We are going upstate this weeknd where are you hunting?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
6 Pointer

I really need to go upstate soon but this weekend is already booked up with family matters and doesn't look good for me. I'll probably be out east again.
I'm looking forward to some cold weather soon...

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2