View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Halloween weekend 
8 Pointer

Post Halloween weekend
Well im still trying to decide if i will be heading upstate tomorrow to get some hunting in for the weekend. I was supposed to have some plans tomorrow night but they fell thorugh so i want to go upstate and do some hunting. With the cold front coming in and the dry and windless weather i think its going to be a great weekend for deer movement. Now i just have to convince the girlfriend to come with me (since this was supposed to be my weekend off of hunting) i will be all settt.

John

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

Post Re: Halloween weekend
Good Luck !!!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
6 Pointer

I'm married 18 years next month and I still walk on pins and needles every weekend thinking about going into the woods. On top of that my wedding anniversary is Nov. 21 which is usually opening weekend every year. It's a work in progress but it does get better, I can't complain.
I 'm not sure I'm going up this weekend, although I'm very anxious to check my cameras. I also started taking the TAcaonic Pkwy up which I never did before but I really enjoy the scenery this time of year as well as seeing all the deer on the side of the road. The best part is it only took me 2 hrs 30 mins from my house.
We'll see, maybe I'll stay on the Island, depending on how the tide comes in. ;) We need some more pictures up for this contest!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:11 pm
8 Pointer

Someone is gonna be in TROUBLE!!!! HA! HA! HA! Finally prime time is here and I know I will recieve a ration of $h1t if I go out this weekend because Im leaving Tues to hunt for a week... But I still want to go!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm
Spike

u better get up here bucks are getting fired up seeing some bucks chaseng and nudging does The bucks necks are getting swollen I had mu first buck taken in my big buck pool a decent 9pt wit 15in sprd I had encounter wit small buck tonight let em grow but big boy came in after light faded So if you don't come ill have to send ya some pics

Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:30 pm
Profile Send private message YIM WWW
12 Pointer

Unfortunately I promised the girlfriend I wouldn’t hunt this weekend but I’ve been out every weekend since the season started Oct 1st, so I can’t complain. I just have to put my time in this weekend, and then I’m hunting every weekend from now till the end of January. Plus I have a week vacation in there too. So I can’t complain. Two days of sleeping in are more than needed too. I get up every day for work at 6:30AM and have been getting home between 9:00PM and 10:00PM at night. Then on the weekends I have been waking up even earlier to hunt. I need SLEEP, because after this weekend it’s full throttle until the end of the duck season.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:42 am
6 Pointer

I'm pretty certain I'll stay local this weekend, Just need to know what spot to go. Otis Pike or Sarnoff ?? I just want to sit all day without interruptions from horseback riders or hikers. Any suggestions on where to go and be in peace?

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:15 am
12 Pointer

Best place for that is Sarnoff.

Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:36 am
8 Pointer

yea spots 11,12,13 in sarnoff are pretty quiet as far as hikers go. i never saw anybody else in there all the times i have hunted it.

John

Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:51 pm
6 Pointer

I ve been in that area John, but I usually go to # 8 because I was always concerened that someone would lock that gate on that road leading to 11/12/13.
As a matter fact once it was locked and I had to drive back the other way, fortunately it was open on the other side, by the golf course.
Maybe I'll try it but I'll be sure to pack a pair of bolt cutters just in case, ha ha, Thanks Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next