View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Orange County NY 
Doe

Post Orange County NY
What's goin on fellas...I've been hunting for about 14 years now and i get more pumped every year!
My fav. is bow hunting deer but I enjoy pretty much anything that involves being in the woods. Cant
wait until Oct. Ive had buck fever since the begining of the summer!

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

Post Re: Orange County NY
Welcome to the forum, everyone here is addicted to hunting the same as you. This is a great place to share stories and photos with some great guys. Hope you enjoy.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:39 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

Welcome Erik,

Thanks for joining we have some other members here from Orange County as well so maybe you guys can swap some good stories in the future. We feel the same way about the outdoors as you do and try to spend as much time in the woods as we can both in and out of season. Only 1 more month to go before the season opens down here on Long Island and we cant wait to get out there hunting again.

John

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:01 am
8 Pointer

Erik, Glad you made it here...... I checked out your blog and sent you a reply as "anonymous"...... wasnt sure how to login. How is the Washingtonville area deer population. I drive through all of the time and wonder....... it looks so much like Illinois and Iowa with the beautiful rolling hills and giant farms. There has to be some big ones in that area, is that part of the "Black Dirt region"?

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:56 pm
Doe

There's plenty of deer over here, the doe to buck ratio is outta control. Way to many doe's. But everynow and again there are some monsters walkn around. Just gotta be patient. This season im gunna hold out as long as i can. I have seen a few really nice sized bucks over the years but a lot of the deer dont make it to the right age with a lot of gun hunters shooting young deer. One of those situations where u almost gotta be in the right place at the right time.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:38 pm
Doe

We dont qualify for the black dirt region but were as close as you're gunna get

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:13 pm
6 Pointer

Hi Erik, welcome, great guys here. I hunt in Pine Bush when I go upstate and Livingston Manor. Nice deer are taken off my buddies place in Orange every season, 4 heavy beamed 8 pointers the last 4 years and a couple of 6's and 5's. I took a little 5 pointer the last day I was hunting 2 years ago, but should have held out and hunted a few more days. 3 days later a nice fat 8 was taken from my spot. Good luck this season and come back here often, these guys shoot a lot of critters and get great video's of them.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]