View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
New here 
8 Pointer

Post New here
Hi Joe, I was given the link to this sight by Pat Goetz. He was telling me about you guys and that you are hunting the same area I will be hitting pretty soon. I was watching a really nice buck over there for a few weeks before the season opened. The buck I saw on two occasions was about a 140" nine point he has a G-4 on his right side with a few small stickers that may or may not be longer than one inch and also and nice eight point that was close to 125". Are these the same bucks you have been seeing? I also saw many other smaller bucks in the area. Pat and I would like to get some footage and send it to you......... (If we get lucky.) Its great to see regular guys hunting public ground filming hunts!!! - Charlie Beck

Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:20 pm
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Post Re: New here
Hey Charlie. Great to see you on here. I remember hearing your name a long time ago from Pat and he told me more about you recently. I honestly can't say which of the bucks I saw last weekend. My friend jumped it in the middle of the field and said it looked like it ran in the woods. he said it had to be at least 130" but it must have circled around and bedded back down in the field, cause about an hour later, I saw it come in the woods from the field. The reason I can't tell you which one it was, is because he came in about 75-100 yards from me and I had left my binoculars in the car. I kept calling to him, he would look up at me then keep eating and walking straight into the woods then disappeared into the thickets. But what I can tell you is at 100 yards, through all that brush out there (I was hunting a blind), all I could see was a bright big rack and it was big! Goog luck hunting this season and we would love to get footage if you get any. We would also love to meet. I told Pat to get me a picture of you two, together or separate, waist up wearing camo and I will add you to our pro staff page of our website. I would also need your ages if you are comfortable giving that, what bow you shoot, arrows, broadheads, guns and what you hunt. Just visit www.rubinofilms.com/prostaff.html and click any one of us to see what info I need. Currently, our picutres are of us with animals, but I am revising it next week with pictures of us waist up in a camo shirt and or hat. Look foward to meeting! :D

Joe

Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
8 Pointer

Thanks Joe. Its funny you say that about that buck being bedded down in the field. I think they do that often....... I pulled up to glass the field one night , I was gathering my stuff when I looked up to see two bucks stand up in the field about 100 yards from me. They were bedded down in the field down wind of the parking spot I parked in. I have walked through those fields in the summer a few times and found LOTS of beds sites. I have also noticed that they feed in those grassland restoration fields MORE than the farm fields planted with pumpkins, lettuce etc. Anyway good luck. We will get that stuff together and send it to you.

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:41 am
Profile Send private message
Doe

I seen your page on deerspace and loved it.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:04 pm
Profile Send private message MSNM/WLM
6 Pointer

Thanks for joining! Welcome and we look foward to your posts. Feel free to suggest topics anytime.

Joe

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]