View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Whats up everyone 
Doe

Post Whats up everyone
Hey guys,

My name is Paul & I love to hunt & fish. I live in Suffolk County, L.I. & have been chasing deer, turkeys & striped bass around for 13 years. I heard about this site from empirehunting.com & I recognized the logo on the side of a jeep parked at the milk run off 145 in Greene County. I was talking with one of the Rubino's (I think Mike) & he was saying his family did real well this opening day. I decided to check the site out & here I am. I hunt on Long Island & in Broome, NY in Schoharie. I have a 110 acre farm that's loaded with apple trees so there's no shortage of deer there. I love to share my stories of hunts & I love to hear about action others have had while in the stand. I have tons of pics of harvests but I cant post them because of the file size.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:32 pm
Profile Send private message
Spike

Post Re: Whats up everyone
Welcome.

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 pm
6 Pointer

Welcome to the forum! I'm Joe, Mikes brother. I maintain the site and forum so anything you would like to see or hear or the site, suggestions or comments, definitely let us know. We love to see pictures and hear stories from everyone. If you would like, you can contact me at joe@rubinofilms.com and I can post some of your picture in the fan photos section of the website. Also, if you want to, email me and I can send you a link to an easy to use, free program with instructions on how to make your pictures smaller to post on forums like ours and others. Again, welcome and look foward to talking more.

Joe
www.rubinofilms.com

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:06 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
12 Pointer

Welcome to the forum Paul, glad you decided to join. Look forward to sharing hunting stories and pictures with you in the future. Do you ever do any duck hunting on the Island?

Mike

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:05 am
Doe

hey i will send the pics to that address. I've only duck hunted twice in my life many years ago but i haven't since. i really enjoyed it but it's something you kinda have to do with someone else and I only have 2 friends that hunt but they dont duck hunt. I'd love to get out & do it again though.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:20 am
8 Pointer

Thanks for Joining Paul. Glad to hear we have another guy on here that hunts just as hard as we do. You ever get any deer out on long island? I have seen some real nice bucks out there but still have yet to score on one. Hopefully this weekend will be a good one out there.

John

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:04 pm
Doe

yea i've taken 2 does out here but no bucks big enough that i wanted to shoot. I do a lot of early season hunting out here but when the southern zone bow opens upstate I cant help myself I just love being up there. It's funny you should bring that up because I was out Saturday morning on some private land & saw a slob trailing a fawn. I grunted & bleated at him but to no avail. He was locked on...looked like a big 6 or 7 pointer. That was the first time I ever saw second rut activity. We'll see what happens this weekend.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:09 pm
6 Pointer

Two years ago, I missed the biggest buck of my life out there. I was sitting on the ground and saw him walking around over 100 yards away. I grunted him in, he walked a huge circle around me then right into me at 20 yards. I pulled back when he was behind a tree with only his head showing and held back so long that when I got a chance for a shot, I couldn't hold my bow back anymore so I let an arrow fly and missed him by an inch and hit the tree he was behind. So sad, but that's hunting I guess. Good luck out there and maybe see you at the milk run lol

Joe

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:29 pm
8 Pointer

Yea i have been talking to a guy that hunts out there alot and he says he has been seeing a lot of smaller bucks rutting hard and the second rut is defintely on right now. This weekend should be good with the colder weather.

John

Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:35 pm
Doe

Oh man im tellin you there are some beasts out here. I bet one day in the near future LI is gonna make it on the outdoor channel as being one of the top producers for big bucks. I have been really lazy trying to get permission to hunt private lands out here. I have one small plot literally right around the corner from my house that I started hunting a few years ago & i've had some success there so it's kept me satisfied. I used to fish out in montauk in the fall all the time & going to the point & back to town at night i've seen bucks that looked like they came right out of kansas. This off season im really gonna focus on getting new spots out here & i think come fall ( i say this every year) im gonna stick it out on the island & see what walks under my stand.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next