View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
A Small World 
6 Pointer

Post A Small World
Hello All, My name is Jose, I'm 37 and I live in Island Park, LI

First of all GREAT WEBSITE you have put together here. It's nice to see pictures and share experiences with fellow outdoorsman who share the same passions and can relate to your interests. I am have a transportation logistics company and enjoy what I do but often wonder how I could get paid to be an outdoorsman. I always envy those who say they can not believe they get paid to do the thing they enjoy doing the most.

Living on the water on the south shore of LI , I enjoy summer fishing in the bay and ocean but my favorate season is the fall for obvious reasons. I usually head upstate to Cairo, NY. This year for the first time I started hunting LI after some extensive research. This allows me lots more hunting and less driving. Being my own boss i have the flexibilty to take the afternoon or morning off and be in the woods in 1 hr from home.

That brings me to explain my title for this ad. I joined the LI hunting forum on Big Game Hunt.net to meet fellow hunters and discover hunting on LI when I met John Rubino and discovered that we hunt very close properties in Cairo, NY and we have mutual friends upstate. So he introduces me to your website and I see your family picture for opening day and I realize that I had already met your father Joe from talking to him a few years back in Island Park. Then opeing day this year I was looking at your website with another friend who happens to know you guys. I didn't realize it was the same site till I saw it again today. :lol:

I am glad to be on this forum and look forward to sharing many great experiences and see your inspiring pictures of your adventures as well. This year I am focusing on getting my 15yr old son his 1st buck. My hunting buddies are upstate and on LI I usually hunt alone in the Pine barrens or Otis Pike. I look forward to meeting you guys and maybe sharing a hunt one day. By the way, when we're in cairo, you'll find us at 12 noon on the side of the road on Platekill and caniff rd having a tailgate BBQ lunch, so stop by and join us next time. See you soon, Be Safe and Happy Hunting!

Attachments:
File comment: In 07 I took my son on his first hunt and I got this 8ptr in Freehold, now he's out to get his own
Joey's 1st hunt2007.jpg
Joey's 1st hunt2007.jpg [ 53.18 KiB | Viewed 3645 times ]

Last edited by Cazador on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:04 pm
Profile Send private message
6 Pointer

Post Re: A Small World
Thanks! Welcome to the forum. I'm Joe Rubino and I maintain the site and forum. It really is a small world! I know your buddies up in Cairo very well and buy all my supplies from them. Definitely looking foward to talking more on here and meeting in person. You hit the nail on the head with your post....We created the website and the forum to meet people like you and everyone else that we have met so far and love to share stories and pictures with everyone. Good luck this season and be sure to post pics if any of you guys get something. Also, feel free to advertise your business in our advertising section of the forum and utilize the classifieds section to sell things you may want to sell. Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Joe

Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:40 am
Profile Send private message AIM WWW
12 Pointer

Hey welcome to the forum, this is Mike, Joe and John’s brother. It’s great to have another local hunter on board. We will be back upstate hunting next weekend. If you are there, we will try and stop by and introduce ourselves in person. Good luck, hope you and your son knock something down in the weeks to come.

Mike

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 am
12 Pointer

Jose,

Sorry we didn’t get a chance to meet up this weekend, my cousin borrowed my truck Saturday and said he saw you guys coming out of the woods, but he was in a rush to get someplace and didn’t get an opportunity to stop and introduce himself. :oops: How did you guys make out? I took a doe Saturday night. Are you heading back up for the late season?

MIke

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 am
6 Pointer

Hey Mike, I just saw your message, We we're up that weekend, the morning was brutally cold and then Mid day was better, I had high hopes considering the snow but didn't see anything. I' m not going back up instead hunting LI till the end of the year.
By the way I know you duck hunt, I have dock space available in Island park which you can use, the marsh is at the end of the canal and I don't use it. let me know if you're interested or know someone, every weekend i wake up to the gun shots.
Happy holidays, Jose

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:18 pm
Profile Send private message
12 Pointer

Thanks for the offer I really appreciate it. I kept my boat down there for the last two years. This year I have it docked in the Lawrence marina. I might have to take you up on that next year. It's really good hunting over that way. I hunt there all the time it’s only a short ride from Lawrence to there. Good luck hunting the Island these last few weeks. My brother John was out there Saturday he saw a lot of deer sign but not deer.

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]